Do you suffer from allergies? Do you know how unbearable allergies can affect your life. The sneezing, itchy eyes, the congestion! It’s not easy to get through allergy season.
Luckily essential oils can provide relief from your symptoms. In this article, we’ll discuss essential oils for allergies and the best ways to utilize these oils.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are liquids that have been concentrated made from plant extracts. These oils contain the plant’s scent and flavor, as well as its essential nutrients.
Essential oils have been utilized for centuries to treat ailments due to their healing properties. They are now gaining popularity as a natural cure for many conditions, such as allergies.
What are the effects of essential Oils work?
Essential oils function by interfacing with the body’s limbic system. It is the part of the brain that controls stress, emotions, memory as well as other aspects of our lives.
Essential oils are inhaled via the nose, and send signals to the limbic system. This helps lower depression, anxiety and to improve your mood.
What are the most effective essential Oils for Allergies?
Essential oils are used to relieve allergies. The following essential oils are highly effective in relieving allergy symptoms:
- Lavender oil
- Peppermint oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Tea tree oil
- Rosemary oil
How do you use essential oils to help with allergies?
There are several methods to use essential oils for allergies. You can:
- Include a few drops essential oil to a diffuser, and breathe in the vapors.
- Use a spray bottle to blend a couple of drops of essential oil with water and spray the area around your home or office.
- Mix essential oils in carrier oils like almond oil, and apply them topically to your back or chest.
Are there any issues using essential oils for Allergies?
When properly used Essential oils are typically secure. However, there are some problems that essential oils may create.
- If your skin is sensitive, essential oils can cause irritation. Before applying essential oils topically, make sure you try it on a small patch of your skin.
- Essential oils can be poisonous if consumed in large quantities. Essential oils shouldn’t be consumed internally without the supervision of medical professionals who are qualified.
- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, avoid using essential oils unless you are directed to do so by your doctor.
- Patients suffering from asthma or other respiratory conditions should use caution when inhaling essential oils.
Are there other uses for essential oils?
Essential oils for allergy relief may provide some relief, there are many other ways to use essential oils. Certain people prefer using essential oils in diffusers or vaporizers to increase the scent of their homes. Some people include essential oils in their bath water or even make your own cleaning supplies. There are even recipes for food items made from essential oils. But it is not true that all essential oils can be ingested.
How do I choose essential oils?
With so many different essential oils available it can be difficult to decide where to start. When choosing an essential oil, look for one that is:
- Pure and 100% natural
- therapeutic grade
- No synthetic ingredients
Essential oils are a great way to find relief from allergies. They can be used correctly to improve your health and make your home smelt delicious. Make sure you do your research prior to using essential oils. Be sure to adhere to the guidelines on the labels. With just a bit of effort, you’re sure to find the right essential oil to suit your needs.
Conclusion: We would like to conclude by affirming that essential oils are effective in treating allergies. It is essential to make sure to use essential oils with care.